Pizza Dough (1-8 ounce ball and 12 inch pizza)
- 68 g King Arthur 00 flour
- 68 g high gluten flour
- 1 g instant dried yeast
- 4 g olive oil
- 2 g salt
- 90 g water
- 3 1/2 oz Calabro ricotta
- 1 tbsp grated fresh horseradish
- 1 tsp rosemary, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 oz calabro mozzerella, thinly sliced
- Poppy seeds
- 1 oz grated fresh horseradish
- Chopped rosemary
- Olive oil
- 16 slices of La Quercia proscuitto
For the dough:
- Mix all ingredients together for 15 minutes in a kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook. Place in an oiled container, cover and let rest over night. Portion the dough into 8 ounces and gently form in a ball. Place on floured paper and cover and let rest for 5 hours.
- Heat oven to 600 degrees Fahrenheit with a pizza stone in it.
For the Horseradish Ricotta:
- Mix all ingredients up to mozzarella together.
For the pizza:
- Stretch dough to 12 inches across on a wooden peel covered with 00 flour. Top dough with ricotta mix, Calabro Mozzarella and salt.
- Cook until golden and base crispy.
- Garnish with poppy seeds, grated fresh horseradish, chopped rosemary, olive oil and la Querica prosciutto. Cut pie into 6-8 pieces.
This is a W&S web exclusive. Get access to all of our feature stories by signing up today.