- 1½ oz reposado Tequila (Ward recommends 7 Leguas)
- ½ oz Laird’s 100-proof apple brandy
- ½ oz pear liqueur (Rothman & Winter Orchard Pear is recommended)
- 1 tsp mescal
- Combine Tequila, apple brandy and pear liqueur in a mixing glass and fill with ice. Stir for 20 seconds.
- Pour mescal into a chilled rocks glass and swirl to coat the inside surface; discard excess. Strain cocktail into mescal-rinsed glass.
This story appears in the print issue of August 2009.
Like what you read? Subscribe today.