- 2 apples of your favorite variety
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 1 cup toasted fresh walnuts*
- 2 Meyer lemons
- really good olive oil
- really good fresh walnut oil*
- salt and pepper
- Using the mandolin, shave the apples as thinly as possible into your bowl. Next, the fennel: Holding it by the root end, shave the fennel crosswise into the mixing bowl. Toss in the parsley leaves and walnuts. Slice the lemons in half and squeeze them over the salad. Add a splash each of olive oil and walnut oil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe appeared in Two Sides of Chardonnay, by Bryce Wiatrak, printed in the October 2017 issue.
This story appears in the print issue of October 2017.
Like what you read? Subscribe today.