- 1 oz jasmine tea-infused Hwayo 41 soju (see below for instructions)
- ¾ oz lime juice
- ¾ oz Green Chartreuse
- ¾ oz Luxardo Maraschino
- ½ oz mint Demerara syrup (see below for instructions)
- 1 oz egg white
- Angostura bitters
Jasmine tea-infused Hwayo 41soju
- 750 ml Hwayo 41
- 25 g jasmine tea
Mint Demerara Syrup
- 3 cup Demerara syrup
- 2 cup water
- 15 g mint leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Give it a shake. Strain into a coupe. Garnish with a few dots of Angostura bitters.
For the Jasmine tea-infused Hway 41soju:
- Steep the jasmine tea in hot water for 5 minutes. Strain the tea. Use the “washed” tea leaves infuse the Hwayo 41 by steeping in the soju for 25 minutes.
For the Mint Demerara Syrup:
- Boil three cups of Demerara sugar and two cups of water until sugar is fully dissolved, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Blend 15 grams of mint leaves into the pint of Demerara syrup. Strain through a fine sieve lined with cheesecloth. The syrup should be refrigerated and is best if used within 24 hours, as freshness declines quickly.
This is a W&S web exclusive. Get access to all of our feature stories by signing up today.