- 1 oz fresh wasabi, grated
- 1 Persian baby cucumber, brunoise
- 2 oz cilantro stems, brunoise
- 1 oz ginger, grated
- 1 oz white onion, brunoise
- 1/2 oz serrano, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- 2 pounds scallops
- 1 Jicama
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- lime juice, to taste
- 10 oz cucumber juice
- 1 serrano, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, brunoise
- 1 oz cilantro leaves
- sea salt to taste
For the scallops:
- Slice scallops thin, about 5 slices per scallop. Slice jicama on a slicer to thin layers that are one quarter inch thick. Use a cookie cutter or approximate round of the jicama to same size as scallops. Season both with extra virgin olive oil, salt and lime juice.
For the wasabi vinaigrette:
- Mix all the ingredients together. Season with salt and lime juice to taste.
- Place the seasoned scallops and jicama on bottom of the plate alternating them. Add 1 ounce of the cucumber juice, dress with the wasabi vinaigrette, garnish with the serrano slices, cilantro leaves, and red onion. Finish with sea salt.
This is a W&S web exclusive. Get access to all of our feature stories by signing up today.