- 40 ml ginger syrup (see below)
- 100 ml Ketel One vodka
- 50 ml lime juice
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, lightly toasted
- 10 cilantro leaves
- 65 g (3-in/8 cm) piece of ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 150 g superfine sugar
- When ready to serve, place 1¼ oz/ 40 ml of ginger syrup in a cocktail shaker, along with all the remaining ingredients and plenty of cubed ice. Shake hard for about 20 seconds, then double-strain (through a Hawthorne strainer and into a fine-mesh sieve) into two pre-chilled martini glasses. Serve at once.
For the syrup:
- To make the ginger syrup, place the ginger and sugar in a blender with ¾ cup/200 ml of water. Blitz for about 45 seconds, until fully combined: you will make about 1¼ cups/300 ml of syrup, which can be kept in the fridge, or frozen, for future use.
This is a W&S web exclusive. Get access to all of our feature stories by signing up today.