- ½ cup softened unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp minced orange zest
- 1 pinch each ground cloves and salt
- 1 qt vanilla ice cream, softened
- Add rum* and 2 tablespoons of butter batter to a mug. Top with 4 to 6 ounces of boiling water and stir until integrated.
For the butter batter
- In a bowl, stir together everything but the ice cream, then stir in the ice cream. Transfer to an airtight container, seal it and store it in the freezer until needed.
This story appears in the print issue of February 2017.
Like what you read? Subscribe today.