- 2 oz (60ml) bourbon
- ½ oz (15ml) Oloroso sherry
- ½ oz (15ml) cranberry-rosemary-orange syrup (see below)
- 1 sprig of rosemary, for garnish
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 cup (235ml) water
- 2 cup wild cranberries, rinsed and chopped
- 2–3 wide orange peels
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Fill a cocktail shaker half-full with ice cubes. Pour in the bourbon, sherry, and syrup. Shake for 25 to 30 seconds. Slowly strain into an ice-filled rocks glass, and garnish with a small sprig of rosemary.
For the syrup:
- In a saucepot, simmer the sugar and water, stirring, until the sugar starts to dissolve. Add the cranberries, orange peel, and rosemary and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain out the liquid, discard the solids, and store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to a month.
This is a W&S web exclusive. Get access to all of our feature stories by signing up today.