- 12 ramps, cleaned and trimmed
- 6 fiddlehead ferns
- 1/2 cup fava beans
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, seperated
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 spring onions, split and cleaned
- 8 oz burrata
- pieces of toasted ciabatta
- Blanch ramps, fiddlehead ferns and favas. Cool in ice bath and drain. Season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Char vegetables and set aside.
- Cook spring onions in shallow pan, with about two inches of water, until soft. Puree in a food processor or blender with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Smear serving plate with spring onion puree. Top wtih burrata. Place charred vegetables around burrata. Serve wtih toasted bread.
This is a W&S web exclusive. Get access to all of our feature stories by signing up today.