The COVID-19 pandemic has hit the restaurant community hard. While some restaurants have regrouped to offer takeout, many kitchen and floor staff are out of jobs. If you’re among them, we’ve compiled a list of resources that may be helpful. If you know of others, please pass them on to us.
- In NYC, ReThink is offering funding for 30 restaurants to transition to pickup/delivery models. It is also seeking food donations.
- The United States Bartenders’ Guild has launched a Bartender Emergency Assistance Program.
- The Restaurant Workers Community Foundation is working on setting up a Restaurant Workers’ COVID19 Crisis Relief Fund; it has also compiled a massive list of resources for food workers, from business advice through mental health hotlines.
- Eater is keeping lists of restaurants offering delivery in New York, Nashville and Atlanta.
- Eater is tracking temporary and permanent restaurant closures in LA and San Francisco.
- Arjav Ezekiel has started a petition asking Austin’s Mayor Steve Adler to require “at-cost” rents for service industry workers for the next two months.
This is a W&S web exclusive. Get access to all of our feature stories by signing up today.