West Coast Sales Coordinator
Wine & Spirits' print and digital magazine is published eight times a year and read by over 200,000 members of America's wine community. Consumers and wine professionals access our website and magazine for information on established and up-and-coming regions and producers, the art and science of viticulture, industry happenings and food and wine pairing. Wine & Spirits, the only wine publication to win the James Beard award five times for excellence in wine writing, evaluates more than 15,000 wines each year.
Los Angeles, CA
Wine & Spirits is looking to bring on an energetic, self-motivated Sales Coordinator to our new Los Angeles office. You’ll work directly with the magazine’s Associate Publisher learning the ins and outs of the publishing world. Passion for the culture of the wine and food community is a must.
During the first three months of the job you’ll support the Associate Publisher with sales management; getting a feel for the policies and practices of the company. From there, you’ll be given your own territory, which will increase based on performance.
• Achieve the sales goals set by the Associate Publisher for both print and digital within a 15% margin
• Maintain and grow an up-to-date contact database of current and potential clients
• Participate in sales calls and consult with the Associate Publisher to create robust ad campaigns for clients
• Work alongside Associate Publisher and event team to strategize selling opportunities for Wine & Spirits event sponsorships
• Network and strategize new ways to bring clients into the publication
• Help the sales and marketing team continue to add new and important trade members to our subscription base
College degree, proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel, attention to detail on all daily responsibilities, strong organizational, communication and presentation skills and at least two years experience in sales or restaurants. Base salary of $20,000 with commissions on sales.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resumé showing experience and interest in the wine business to Associate Publisher, Samantha Johnson.