About Wine & Spirits: Our print and digital magazine is published seven times a year and read by over 200,000 members of America’s wine community. Consumers and wine professionals access our website and magazine for information on established and up-and-coming regions and producers, the art and science of viticulture, industry happenings and food and wine pairing. Wine & Spirits, the only wine publication to win the James Beard award five times for excellence in wine writing, evaluates more than 15,000 wines each year.
New York, NY
Wine & Spirits Magazine, a national print publication and website, is hiring a production assistant to work in our art and design department. The production assistant will report to our production director, handling art and design projects for our print edition and our website. This role will provide an opportunity to develop design and production skills in a creative environment.
Duties will include:
• Work with editors to gather creative collateral for upcoming print issues.
• Vet materials to make sure they meet specifications for publication.
• Convert images to TIFFs for print usage.
• Vet print advertisements to make sure they’re to Wine & Spirits’ sizing requirements and specifications.
• Organize files in Dropbox per editorial and art department guidelines
• Create Wine Accolade Sheets (will train)
At least one year of professional design experience. BA degree in design preferred.
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
Knowledge of print standard practices.
Strong organizational and communication skills.
Ability to multi-task.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resumé showing experience and interest in the wine business to Publisher & Editor, Joshua Greene.