About Wine & Spirits: Our print and digital magazine is published seven times a year and read by over 200,000 members of America’s wine community. Consumers and wine professionals access our website and magazine for information on established and up-and-coming regions and producers, the art and science of viticulture, industry happenings and food and wine pairing. Wine & Spirits, the only wine publication to win the James Beard award five times for excellence in wine writing, evaluates more than 15,000 wines each year.
Los Angeles, CA
We’re looking for a creative individual to join our integrated media company. We are an information resource to the wine and spirits community, providing perspective, new ideas and credible third-party product endorsements through print and digital media, events and seminars/education. The candidate will work closely with our Publisher and Events Manager to manage, communicate and coordinate sales opportunities for our client base. The job requires strong attention to detail, creative communication skills and the ability to resolve client-facing issues as efficiently as possible.
The Account Manager will work with our team to build programming for the Wine & Spirits Magazine community, responsible for selling a range of branding opportunities to a network of clients. The ideal candidate will be able to engage with anyone from any company. In an ever-changing media landscape, we need a strategic thinker who’s willing to join our hard-working team within a close-knit privately-owned publishing company.
The Account Manager will report directly to the Publisher of Wine & Spirits Magazine and assist in daily activities that lead to the company’s overall revenue generation. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Network and strategize new ways to bring clients into the publication’s community
• Consult with the Publisher to create integrated campaigns with clients
o Especially with regional wine organizations whose goals are more aligned with Wine & Spirits programing options
• Manage ad production and post production reports throughout the entire production process for all seven issues a year
• Oversee client’s wine activation requests beginning with notification through print production deliverables
o This process is detailed in a separate Wine Activation Process document
• Increase current client’s digital advertising involvement and bring in new digital focused clients.
• Assist the Publisher with RFPs for potential clients
• Maintain a competitive advertising report including print and digital outlets
• Work alongside event team to strategize selling opportunities for event sponsorships
• Retain Wine & Spirits’ long-standing client relationships through voice, email and in person correspondence on an ongoing basis
• Research and build new customer contacts in the wine, spirits and luxury good industries
• Work directly with the Publisher and Marketing Manager to leverage the company’s brand, promotions and partnerships for advertising opportunities
• Help the Marketing Manager continue to add new and important trade members to Wine & Spirits community network
• The Account Manager will work in tandem with the Marketing Manager and Digital Editor on a number of cross departmental matters, including:
o Creating fluid digital campaigns that engage (1) print & digital subscribers (2) e-newsletter subscribers (3) event participants and attendees (4) potential readers.
o The establishment and oversight of automated response emails such as new subscribers, new e-newsletter readers, etc.
o Wine & Spirits’ social media campaigns, including:
• Facebook posts, ads, and profile creative
• Instagram posts
• Twitter feed
SKILLS & EXPIERENCE
• Strong organizational and presentation skills are a must
• Attention to detail necessary for all daily responsibilities
• Wine knowledge and restaurant experience a plus
• An Experienced (non-manager) employee with 3+ years’ experience working in a professional setting
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to work in both a PC and Mac environment
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resumé showing experience and interest in the wine business to Publisher & Editor, Joshua Greene.